7.09.2010

Day 3: A song that reminds you of someone

SO.  I'm going to bend the rules a little on this one and extend it to several songs that remind me of several certain someones. 

**Please note I've excluded all those I'm in daily contact with: all you Korea ppl.  That you are not on this list does not mean you are not worthy of being on it (quite the opposite.)  Also, for those of you that are in the States and feel jipped for not being on here: we need to listen to more music together!  I couldn't think of a song for you...

Also, I really could just be talking to myself at this point.  Not sure of who really reads this thing.  Except for you Brandon-- you comment on everything! 



You know who you are.

You will forever be the closest person to me.  Even when we are squabbling about knitting needles in the Old Lady's Home for Frisky Feminists we'll be living in...even then. 



You know who you are.

<3



You know who you are.

Dive bar.  Homo hill.  The early days in Seoul.  Dancing to this.

Spacious 2.  Video projector on white quilt.  Christmas.  Sugar plums, sickly sweet wine and asian dust.  Dancing to this.

Kingston, Ontario.  Winter reunion in the western world.  Hopefully dancing to this.  ; )



You know who you are. 

I'm sorry. 



You know who you are.

Do you remember that Rasberry Beret album I got you?  Well...just listened to that song again-- and that is a bad song.  Seriously. 

Can you still do the Prince falsetto?  Cos I remember it being pretty spot-on.  I hope you're keeping it up. 

You are still the *only* person that's visited me in every locale I've lived in!  If anything, I'm glad I've given you the excuse to travel-- though it will take many years before I even half-way catch up to all the places you've been.  Something to aspire to...



You know who you are.

And for the final time, she was *not* flirting with you.

Still the wittiest person I know.  Also, cannot wait to see the new stacks of books in your apt. and the new disparaging comments about absolutely everyone...  ; )



You know who you are. 

Not the exact version, but good enough. 

I will forever be indebted to you and your apartment for helping me to finish my first script.  And indebted for helping me through some tough times in New York. 

Can't wait to go to Tom's again! 



You know who you are.

I know you're a Steve Earle die-hard, but...somehow it's always Townes that reminds me of you.

I met you on my first *ever* night in NYC. 

Aside from the big names that pass through, you are quite possibly my favorite comedian in New York.  Seriously. 

Also, you introduced me to the other Mr. J -- and even though he's a huge (huge) dork, he's one of my few film counterparts in the city.  We must get g&t's in September at La Negrita-- or I guess some snobby hipster bar now that you're in fancy Brooklyn. 



You know who you are.

While we haven't listened to this album together yet, you must be as in love with it as I am, considering you're the biggest Albarn fan around (aside from Ms. J, of course). 

You might also have the biggest (bleeding) heart of anyone I know.  ; )  I am continually inspired by your mere day-to-today and cannot *wait* to visit all those weird (but of course, enlightening and awesome) one-off events we go to. 

Til then...

----

4 comments:

  1. You're right, Raspberry Beret isn't a great song, but the b-side to that single, "she's always in my hair," is f-ing amazing. Go to grooveshark.com and listen to it now. Do it! Actually, your travels give ME something to aspire to. And I'll stop commenting if you tell me to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon further reflection, here are a few songs that remind me of you:

    MGMT - Electric Feel
    Fleetwood Mac - Gold Dust Woman
    Coldplay - The Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool videos! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Shmoly! I haven't checked on the ol' Blogger site for a while and now I feel like a heel(which is my normal state, so I have grown accustomed to it!). Anyway, I am flattered by this song and your estimation of me! I can't wait to see you in the good ol' US of A. Better hurry before those crazy Lefties take it over with all of their helping poor people and cleaning the Earth!

    ReplyDelete